Re: [TowerTalk] 160m inverted L status report and "to choke or nottochok

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160m inverted L status report and "to choke or nottochoke"
From: "Jerry Connelly" <jerryc@clinchrivercorp.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 13:39:42 -0500
Tom
I haven't tried any high power yet.  Actually I am still getting over the
flu
and untill my voice comes, back I am mostly monitoring.  The UNUN I picked
up
is rated at 2kw pep and 1kw continuous.   I have a Heath SB-1000 which does
1kw or so although I have never tried it on 160m. The UNUN should handle
that easy.
Can you reccomend  a source and quantity for the slip-on ferrite beads??  I
am using
rg-213 coax.   I also have a coaxial choke I made for a balanced tuner
project (still unfinished).
Its about 30 feet of rg-213 wound on a 4 1/2" pvc form.
Thanks
JerryC
KC8TES