Re: [TowerTalk] Trust Bearings

To: "Noel" <y.yaesurigs@verizon.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Trust Bearings
From: WD0M <wd0m@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:13:00 -0700
I used one in Alaska, with temperatures of - 40 F, 125 mph wind gusts, and all the typical worst case weather you can imagine (well, OK, it only got up to 72 degrees F in the summer), and the thrust bearing that worked great for me was by Glenn Martin Engineering. In fact, when I moved from Alaska to Colorado recently, I removed it from the Hazer, and it now resplendently resides atop my USTowers TX-455. It had to be custom mounted on the tower here, but it has 6 stabilizing bolts that screw into the mast, giving great support. The mast is only about 4 feet inside the tower, and almost 10 feet above it, with the 4 element SteppIR antenna residing about 5 feet above the top of the thrust bearing. The added mast above the antenna is there to provide support for the Phillystran cables that help keep the SteppIR nice and level.

http://www.glenmartin.com/Hazer/pg4.htm

73,
Joe
WD0M