[TowerTalk] Radial Wire Size

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Radial Wire Size
From: "Stan Stockton" <stan@aqity.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 08:27:52 -0600
I am sure this discussion has been had before,  However, I am putting up a 4
Square for 80M.  I have available a huge supply of #18 copper wire with
enamel (magnet wire) and could probably put down as many as 100 radials
under each element if I had the desire to put that many down.  Of course I
would rather be using a larger gauge but the question is whether these
radials would desintegrate over a period of a few years or decade and
whether that or other considerations would make me want to change to a
larger wire size.  Although I LOVE antenna work, I don't think I want to go
through the exercise of laying down about 300 radials more than once.

Stan, K5GO