Re: [TowerTalk] 160M Inverted L

To: N8DCJ@YAHOO.COM, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160M Inverted L
From: RWMaylott@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 15:11:57 EST
138 feet is a good length if you use a large series capacitor to tune out the
inductive reactance.  I've used one for years, and the capacitor makes tuning
adjustments easy.  Also, it raises the high current portion of the antenna
above the ground, and reduces ground losses.  I'm currently using 4 elevated
radials (about a quarter wave straight, then at right angles), and have full
coverage from 1800-1900 by adjusting the capacitor for lowest SWR at about 1835.