Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Placement

To: Tom <N4RS@iamotelephone.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Placement
From: kb9cry@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 17:06:38 +0000
>Am I overly cautious or dealing with paranoia?

Yes, antenna elements will not be falling through the roof!  And buy an
AlfaSpid worm gear rotator with no brake therefore no noise, if that's a
problem.

>Will be putting up a guy-less tower, but will be using guys anyway.

If the tower is designed to be self supporting then I would greatly not
recommend guying it.  Self supporting towers are actually designed that way
with no need for guys.  Guying a self supporter will prevent it from twisting
like it wants to by design and could actually create a big problem.

My two cents, Gd Luck, Phil  KB9CRY