Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering PL-259s

To: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@adelphia.net>, mahlonhaunschild@cox.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering PL-259s
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 14:23:08 -0500
At 12:25 PM 2/7/04 -0500, Roger D Johnson wrote:

Mahlon Haunschild wrote:
Hey, everyone.
Remember the thread the other day about soldering PL-259s? Found the ideal tool for the purpose the other day at Wal-Mart: a Ronson "TechTorch" mini-torch. Butane-fueled, refillable, and best of all comes with a catalyst burner with soldering & heat tips, so you can shrink the heat shrink after you solder the connector. Circa $26 at the Wal-Mart. Ronson item # 80009. UPC 0-37900-80009-6.
regards,
Mahlon - K4OQ
I searched high and low at my local Walmart and couldn't find one. What
department was it in? BTW a websearch indicates that the Ronson number
is 82009.

I think what you probably need is the Walmart SKU off someone's sales slip. Then the store personnel can look it up.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database
Updated 9 Jan 04
www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm