Re: FW: RE: [TowerTalk] SteppIR VS Force 12

To: wsio-alp7@xemaps.com
Subject: Re: FW: RE: [TowerTalk] SteppIR VS Force 12
From: "Howard Klein" <howk2@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:58:12 +0000
What I do is model the STACK for the parameters I am most interested in, usually that is for max gain. I then adjust the elements to those physical lengths. The software does not know that there is a stack so I must adjust each antenna individually. The actual procedure is a bit more complex involving several steps but once recorded to memory it requires only a quick push of a button.

Howard..K2HK

----Original Message Follows----
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>

I'm curious. Generally speaking, yagis in a stack need to be optimized for that use, particularly to get the best F/B ratio out of them. Does the SteppIR software "know" that your antennas are in a stack, or is it just doing what it knows how to do with each antenna as a separate entity?

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database
Updated 9 Jan 04
www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm

Stay informed on Election 2004 and the race to Super Tuesday. http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx