[TowerTalk] hard hats

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] hard hats
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 14:03:29 -0500
I have for years felt vaguely guilty working on a tower without a hard hat, but the standard construction type are just too clumsy -- the suspension harness inside makes them wobble around on my head, and I'm forever hitting the front brim on the tower or antenna I'm working on, plus it restricts my upward vision.

There *must* be something better -- recently I saw some "pro" tower guys working in what looked vaguely like the "almost no helmets" that some Harley guys like. Someone referred to them as hockey helmets, but they looked more stripped down than that, with a pattern of holes over their surface (perhaps for cooling?)

Any leads?

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database
Updated 9 Jan 04
www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm