Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Suggestions

To: Troy Thoele <thoele@txcyber.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Suggestions
From: "James C. Hall, MD" <nwtcc@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 22:00:01 -0600
Hi Troy:

Welcome to the ranks and congrats on your new radio !! Given the bands you are speaking of and the strength of the radio for this, consider getting on the satellites. A good eggbeater antenna will get you on the LEO satellites easily. Also, get on the AMSAT bulletin board for more info. For terrestrial work , I would choose a Diamond tri-band vertical - don't forget a triplexer. Also consider adding the Inrad filters for your radio - you'll be glad you did. I also have an '847 and I primarily use it for the sats. Available birds right now include AO-7, FO-29, SO-50, and AO-27.

GL es 73,

Jamie
WB4YDL