re: [TowerTalk] weatherproof boxes

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>, Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: re: [TowerTalk] weatherproof boxes
From: Joe Reisert <W1JR@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:15:52 -0500
Pete,

Yes, these Rubbermaid boxes are cheap but in a year or so, the UV rays from the sun will start to make the box brittle and eventually fall apart. This is from my experience using one of these boxes for my 160 meter Gamma match. The top just fell apart and the sides of the cover fell off!

73,

Joe, W1JR