[TowerTalk] Inter-section conductivity in crank-up towers?

Subject: [TowerTalk] Inter-section conductivity in crank-up towers?
From: "Bill VanAlstyne" <w5wvo@cybermesa.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 23:07:34 -0700
Hi all, I'm new to the list. I've been reading the current threads on
lightning with great interest.

I'm going to be erecting a TX-455 (US Tower) later this year, and I'm
studying grounding and lightning protection as intensively as possible right
now. What I'm curious about (and haven't read anything about yet) is how one
creates a low-impedance path to ground between the multiple sliding sections
of a crank-up tower like the TX-455, while still maintaining its ability to
be readily cranked up and down when necessary. If there's existing
information on this, just point me to it. Otherwise, all comments would be
welcomed.  :-)

73,
Bill / W5WVO
Albuquerque, NM / DM65