Re: [TowerTalk] Quad Design...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, "Dino Darling" <k6rix@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Quad Design...
From: "Paul Playford" <w8aef@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:40:04 -0000
The 2 element quad will be great for working Europe or Asia.  I suggest a 2
or 3 element yagi at 20-30 feet above ground level for working domestic
contests.

During the contest season I mount a Force 12 C3 on a 37 foot mast in
addition to my 4 element monobander stack on my 72 foot crank-up tower.  I
find that if the stations are closer than about 2500 miles the C3 down low
will out perform the high antennas.  I proved this by running the crank-up
down to 24 feet where everything was equal on the close in stuff.

de Paul, W8AEF

ZF2TA  ZF2JI FO8DX  FO0PLA  8Q7AA  XZ0A