Re: [TowerTalk] antenna impedence and ground impedence??

To: Tom Rauch <w8ji@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antenna impedence and ground impedence??
From: tongaloa <tongaloa@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:47:28 -0400
Tom Rauch wrote:

I have a questions regarding calculating ground impedance. How can this
be measured??

I think you are asking about ground resistance, rather than impedance. Measuring ground resistance can be very difficult unless you know every other variable involved, including everything about the effects of surroundings.

Measuring ground resistance is easy. You just have to make a lot of measurements.
This is how we find mineral veins which we can map based on the measurements.
Any introductory text on geophysical prospecting using potential methods will
teach you all you need to know. The math isn't bad.

73
-Bob