Re: [TowerTalk] Flexable Type Coax for a Telescoping Tower

To: "Dave Anderson, K4SV" <K4SV2@charter.net>,<TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Flexable Type Coax for a Telescoping Tower
From: Steve Meuse <smeuse@mara.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:25:00 -0400
At 07:21 AM 4/21/2004 -0400, Dave Anderson, K4SV wrote:
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a suggestion on what type of coax that is low loss from the tower base to the top that is flexable? I plan to run 7/8 Hardline to the bottom but desire a low loss run to the top at 120 feet long. Also plan to use the Coax arms with my HDX 589 Tower.

I've been wondering the same thing. Specifically, can you use FSJ4-50 or LMR-600 Ultra Flex? In my mind I would guess that either of those cables would be too bulky to deal with a crank-up, but I'm curious to see if anyone else is doing it already.

-Steve
N1JFU