Re: [TowerTalk] Alternate method, PL-259 on RG-8-type coax

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Alternate method, PL-259 on RG-8-type coax
From: K4SB <k4sb@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:53:20 +0000
Bill VanAlstyne wrote:
> Instead, pull the shield braid inside-out back over the outer jacket. Screw
> the connector body over the prepared cable end such that the braid is
> compressed between the connector threads and the jacket of the cable.

I've tried this and found that the screwing action also serves to cut
the shield wires.

Been some time, but I seem to remember at least 1/2 the shield just
cut off and left
inside the shell.

73
Ed
As long as I live, NO ONE will beat me at screwing up a PL-259. Which
is why I buy the cable with the connectors installed. I hate to see
grown men cry.