Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rods

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rods
From: Chuck Sudds <chuck@dxham.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 23:07:57 -0500
At 05:51 PM 4/30/04 -0400, K8fu@aol.com wrote:

Wow! I have always taken for granted the fact that ground rods go in easily in the corn fields of Western Iowa, and never gave it much thought. The well here is 40ft down and I hit water at 6ft! Guess the "Black Hole" of Zero-Land has some advantages ;)

Chuck KØTVD

One caveat that I guess was not picked up from earlier postings is that the
Frog here lives on top of an extremely rocky ridge. When they came out to drill
the well the driller broke 3 bits before reaching150'. That's why I was
curious as to whether there was any type of pwr equip available for rental, and if
I could drive a sharpened piece of angle iron as a guide hole.
Froggy K8FU