Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259, good ones vs. bad ones

To: Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259, good ones vs. bad ones
From: Chuck Sudds <chuck@dxham.net>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 15:39:06 -0500

On Sun, 02 May 2004 00:14:18 -0700, Bill wrote:

Part of what you say is true, Bill. I have been raising parrots for 20 years and while the overheated Teflon pans have not proven toxic (so far) to humans, I can assure you that they are DEADLY when overheated for parrots and parrot-type birds. This goes for Silverstone and all other "non-stick" cookware that's on the market today. Some now even carry a warning verifying this, due to the many birds that have lost their lives to careless humans.

Chuck KØTVD

When Teflon first became commercially available there were dire warnings
about overheating it, saying that a toxic gas would be released.  While
this is no doubt true in a strict sense, the danger seems to have been
greatly exaggerated.  I know of no home maker who has been overwhelmed
by leaving a Teflon coated pan on a hot stove.  If there were such
instances, I'm sure we would hear about them loud and clear.
Bill, W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW