[TowerTalk] Re: Lyncole XIT Grounding Products - Straight Shaft XITSyste

To: "Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Lyncole XIT Grounding Products - Straight Shaft XITSystem
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 05:58:39 -0500
Thanks for the reply, Gordon. How does it work that it doesn't require
maintenance?

Jim

--Original Message Text---
From: RadioSites@aol.com
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 22:57:16 -0400

Jim,

This is the only chemically activated ground rod system I've found that doesn't
require any maintenance.  We use them when we cannot use conventional ground
rods.

We are in the process of putting in a halo ground system for our new 947'
FM/TV/Cellular tower and we're putting in 75' 8' long rods and have used about
1000' of 2 AWG
stranded copper inside and outside the 100' x 40' transmitter shelter.

Good luck,
Gordon
N6IN/2
UpState NY

>The system uses hollow rods you drive down into the rocky soil (using a long
>rock drill bit).
>You then pour chemicals inside the rod.  The chemicals seep into the
>subsurface and
>lower the impedance.

Yes, BUT:

As I understand it, chemical systems require routine maintenance to maintain
the chemical balance of the soil around the ground rod. Right?

Jim K9YC