Re: [TowerTalk] 4 Square phase line length question

To: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 4 Square phase line length question
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 14:55:48 -0400
> Most of the (amateur radio) phased array systems I've seen
recently don't
> try to force equal power (viz. Wilkinson divider and old
ARRL antenna book
> designs), but try to get the "right" currents in the
elements by using some
> sort of voltage sources with the right phase and 1/4wave
lines to turn
> voltage into current at the element.

Jim,

I'm not sure where you are going. It would be more useful to
tell people how to adjust the hybrid to optimize
performance.

....or do you agree with my statement that it is a useless
and/or largely an impossible task for most people unless
they want to redesign the array??

73 Tom