[TowerTalk] Andrews 1/2" Heliax Connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Andrews 1/2" Heliax Connectors
From: "John Dooley" <portscom@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 16:53:48 -0700
I have a 125? run of ½ Andrews Superflex from my tower to my entrance panel
and was wondering if anyone had a good home-brew method of  fabricating
connectors (UHF) rather than going and putting the N type commercial
connectors. (I have the commercial type to do the job if need be) I have
seen a method for larger ¾? hard line that used a ½? ? 3/4'? threaded
reducer. One side of the reducer was used to solder a PL-259 coupling into
and the other end was threaded onto the solid shield of the hard line.  The
trouble with ½ Superflex hard line is that I can?t find a ½? threaded
portion to ?grab? the shield like the ¾? will do. Also, the shield is ribbed
and I don?t think a threaded connector would provide me good connection. Any
advise would be most helpful.

John W6ZIP
Victorville, Ca.

QRP-l #2402