Re: [TowerTalk] buying new tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] buying new tower
From: "Jerry Keller" <k3bz@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 13:02:52 -0400
Bob...I have 5 sections (40') of Heights aluminum and no problems at all.
Maybe it's that Force 12 beam that's the problem.  Take that thing off and
put on a SteppIR yagi and it will "sing" like mine does, rather than

Seriously, has any determination been made as to what is causing the
"clanging"?  Are the bolt holes elongated?  When the tower was up, did it
sway noticably in the wind?

73, Jerry K3BZ