RE: [TowerTalk] Low Inductance Ground Idea

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Low Inductance Ground Idea
From: GALE STEWARD <k3nd@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 10:19:13 -0700 (PDT)
Well, it's not exactly just from the rig. I have a
bulkhead plate mounted on the wall where all the
feedlines & control lines enter and are connected thru
protection devices (PolyPhaser). Some of the lowband
antenna control cables are simple disconnected from
their respective control boxes and grounded to this
bulkhead plate during the Summer months. Since any
surge currents on these lines are transfered
(hopefully) to the bulkhead plate, I DO want a low
inductance/resistance path to then transfer these
currents to the multiple rod ground system outside.
All TELCO, AC, and radio room grounds are tied
together.

73, Stew K3ND