[TowerTalk] 4 square multiband wire array: 40 to 10 mtrs

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 4 square multiband wire array: 40 to 10 mtrs
From: gissel@fh-ludwigshafen.de
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 15:12:16 +0200
Hi all,

I am currently investigating the possibilities of building a 4 square
covering multiple bands. The idea is to use 4 masts as 1/4 quarter-wave
verticals on 40, with ropes going from there to the central point of the
square. These ropes could serve as a support for wire verticals for each
of the other bands (i.e. 20, 15, 10), which would consequently form 3
additional 4 squares within the 40 meter system.

I believe something like that is mentioned in ON4UN's book, where he
points out that the elements of the bands not in use need to be grounded
at the feedpoint. Has anyone actually tried something like this? How did
the system perform? If there are no real life experiences - can this
system work from a theoretical point of view?

Would be very grateful for any input.

Pse respond directly as I do not subscribe this group.

Tnx in advance -

Vy 73 de Andy, DL3YBM

Prof. Dr. Andreas Gissel

Professor for Logistics and
Organizational Management

University of applied sciences Ludwigshafen