[TowerTalk] Last minute query

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Last minute query
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 11:33:21 -0400
Looking over my setup for WPX CW, and wondering about the collective wisdom on one last-minute issue.

I have both a low dipole and a high 2-el yagi on 40 available for my run radio. I also have a slightly fried Stackmatch box that could be used (the fried part is in the control wiring) that I could use to divide my power between the two antennas, as opposed to having them on separate ports on the antenna switch. In this contest, on 40, does this make sense, or would I be better off forgetting the lower antenna (except as a switchable alternative for the Saturday or Sunday afternoon doldrums) and concentrating on high point-count Europeans?

You can tell it has been a while since I was on in the CW WPX.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated on April 26, 2004
2706 contest stations at