[TowerTalk] Re: CDE HAM II Rotor . . . another question (Steve)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: CDE HAM II Rotor . . . another question (Steve)
From: "Doug Grant" <k1dg@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 02:42:28 -0000
> The problem I'm having is with the direction indication on the control
> ...the indicator meter
> works OK in one direction but not the other.

As soem  have suggested, the problem may be in the indicator unit.

Try using an ohmmeter to meaure the resistance as the rotator turns. If the
ohmmeter
displays the same erratic behavior, it's a  mechanical problem - maybe in
the in the pot or
the conteac to the bell housing.

If the ohmmeter movement is smooth, then it's in the indicator (either the
meter coil,
or the needle may be rubbing against the plastic front or the scale behind
it.

73 & GL,

Doug K1DG