[TowerTalk] RF/DC Grounding

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] RF/DC Grounding
From: Aidehua@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 14:25:19 EDT
This topic has come up quite often and now I'm at the point where I am
assembling my own station.  I have ground rods spaced every 16 feet or so from
my
ground floor station all the way to the base of my tower.  At the tower, I've
also got the power mains, telephone and all other utility grounds
interconnected.

I plan to install alpha delta coax surge protectors at the base of the tower
(unless another brand is better).  Hopefully, this is a good plan.  I have not
yet dug the hole for the tower.  Would it be helpful to drive 8 foot ground
rods at the bottom of the seven foot hole if the rest of the rods are only in
the ground 7 feet or so?  Will this disparity of different depths enhance or
diminish what I am trying to accomplish?

Your advice is most appreciated.

73,
Ed NI6S
Los Angeles