[TowerTalk] Transmitting cap for 6 M antenna

To: "TOWERTALK" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Transmitting cap for 6 M antenna
From: "Jim Miller" <JimMiller@STL-Online.Net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 18:53:36 -0500
I made a 6 meter antenna from 1/2 inch copper pipe. Center fed(gamma match
using 12 inches of 1/4 copper tube), mostly like a letter U with the upper ends
folded in towards the center but not connected or very close together.  I found
I need a cap about 50 pf to get the best match.  The caps I used to find the
right one were ceramic disks.  I have only used the lowest power to find the
matching value.  Since caps are rated in pF and voltage and not in wattage,
What values do I need to use it on my 746 (100w)?  OR what other kind of cap
(and what value) can I get that would be better than the ceramic disks?  And
depending on the type, how would I protect them from the weather?

I have seem matches using RG8 and tubing but don't know how to calculate the
length or the shorting distance.  Would this be a possible solution?  And can
someone give me starting measurements for something like this?

Newbe at antennas(and most everything else too).

Tnx es 73, de Jim KG0KP