Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Question

To: davebehlen@softhome.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Question
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 12:23:25 EDT
davebehlen@softhome.net writes:

> Found you email on a Tower disussion in a forum.  I was considering
> purchasing a Rohn tower starting at section 5N, then 4N up 3 sections past
> that.
>
>  The 4N section when laying on a flat drive next to the 5N has a twist
which
> bring on side of that down face up off the concrete about 3 inches.  Do you
> know if that little twist in the section would cause big problems?

    Maybe, especially since it's the bottom section it'll have an effect on
the rest of the structure. You can be real conservative and not use it but you
might try standing the tower upright and then loosening and retightening all
the nuts and bolts - maybe the twist will relieve itself in the process. It's
worth a try. If nothing else it might decrease the twist.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
888-833-3104