Re: [TowerTalk] RF exposure and my neighbor

To: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RF exposure and my neighbor
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:51:14 -0700 (PDT)
Michael Tope said:
> I concur. I had a friend who was going through a tower permitting
> process that included notification of neighbors. One of the neighbors,
> a medical doctor, started writing letters warning the other neighbors

It might be helpful to point out that cell phones right next
to your head routinely operate at .75 watts, and on a frequency with much
higher absorption than HF.  Then there are electric blankets.
Both should be much more dangerous than a ham antenna 100 feet
away if there were anything to this.

In San Jose, CA there is an AM BCB station that has stores
located less than 100 feet from the towers.  I haven't heard
of anyone who works at those stores having a problem.

Rick N6RK