[TowerTalk] Stacking TH-7s

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacking TH-7s
From: "Joe Simpkins" <K4MD@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 12:45:10 -0400
Hey Group,

        I have talked to several knowledgeable folks about this, read the
Antenna Book, and researched the archives here. I was hoping I might find
here other current observations and hints regarding a stack of two TH-7s.

        My tower is 120' Rohn 45G guyed every 30', and I plan to also mount
a Cushcraft 40-2CD at the top of the mast. The lower TH-7 will likely be
mounted between 60 and 69' on the tower by means of a swinging side arm
assembly. Each Antennas at each  level will be rotated using Tailtwister
rotators. Your thoughts regarding the installation including, but not
limited to spacing, modeling with EZNEC 3, etc would all be appreciated.

73,

Joe K4MD
Charlotte, NC