Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical Base Insulators

To: "Dan Levin" <djl@andlev.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical Base Insulators
From: "Mark - AA6DX" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 12:55:21 -0700
As to ground mounted vertical masts.... in the 6Øs, 7Øs, we used Coca-Cola
Bottles .. the large size, which at that time were made of heavy duty glass.
Worked swell, lots of other things in the aerial system would give way
before those half way buried soda jugs would!   And .. when we got through
playing with the vertical, we gave the kids the bottles to turn in for
refunds to use for popcorn at the show!   Seriously, never did break one of
those bottles.  Used them for steered  4ØM verticals, etc..  worky worky!
73, Mark   AA6DX   Eureka, FAR Northern California.