[TowerTalk] Re: Force-12 5BA Antenna

To: rkourey@carolina.rr.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Force-12 5BA Antenna
From: Jim Schnaidt <kj0m@mchsi.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 08:51:58 -0500

On Jul 3, 2004, Rick Kourey (K4KL), <rkourey@carolina.rr.com> wrote:

Does anyone have experience using the Force-12 5BA antenna and can state how
it performs. I would also like to know how easy it was to assemble and tune
on each band.

Should I consider another beam to get 5 band coverage that
includes the WARC bands.

Rick Kourey (K4KL) Marvin, NC rkourey@carolina.rr.com

Rick,

I've had a 5BA up for over 2 years now without any trouble at all. It went together very easily. I just followed the directions and it has good SWR on all bands, although on 12 meters it approaches 2 to 1. It's a great antenna and works lots of DX. I'm in the process of stacking a 240/230 above it to add 30 and 40 meters.

I don't think you can go wrong with the 5BA for 5 band converage, IMHO.

73,

Jim
KJ0M

._._.