RE: [TowerTalk] Buried Pvc For Coax Run

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Buried Pvc For Coax Run
From: "Noel" <yaesurig@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 08:51:51 -0600
Same here I think because my water table is also quite high.  And my
coax run goes right across my back yard lawn grass and gets watered well
at times.  I think no holes in the conduit would be best and agree no
splices in the coax from antenna to building entry point.  But the
biggest advantage I think for using conduit is to facilitate coax
replacement without having to trench a second time. As for drainage due
to condensation I'm not sure that will be significant.  The entire
conduit run would have to fill up with water to worry about the coax
sitting in water.

Also, if both ends of the conduit run are somewhat open. Meaning open
enough to prevent critters from getting in, yet allow some air flow.  I
think any condensation would dry out.    Again, not sure, but I think at
least for me, no holes in the conduit.

Noel