[TowerTalk] Tower - Guy Wire installation question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower - Guy Wire installation question
From: "Noel" <yaesurig@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 10:52:36 -0600
I have a question for the vast body of knowledge that is towertalk and
especially for those of you with experience putting up towers.

Yesterday I poured the pier foundation and one winch/anchor foundation
for my 60' aluminum tower installation. Now I'm ready to dig the holes
for the other three guy anchors. And although I had measured and double
checked my measurements before now, the XYL has rightly pointed out that
one of the guy wires will fall right in the path of where we often
travel with the lawn mower.
I had already thought of this but figured we'd just drive around it all
the time.  She doesn't agree. Anyway, this guy/anchor falls about 5 feet
off and parallel to the side of the house.  She wants me to move the
anchor closer to the house, a distance of about 2 feet.  This would mean
that this one guy would not be exactly squared to the tower.  So instead
of my four guy wires being at 90 degrees to each other, one guy would be
offset by the two feet.  How much in degrees that will be I'm not sure.

I'm guessing that moving the guy two feet or so wont make much
difference but I?m not sure.  Can anyone confirm that its' probably safe
to do so?

To explain the tower and installation. The tower is a 60' aluminum
hinged base with four guys out 50' from the base.  Three anchors are 4'
deep in 3' X 3' X 2' of concrete. And the winch/4th anchor pad is 3' X
3' X 4' of concrete.  Appreciate any info on just how much variation one
can do without affecting strength/safety of the tower.

And for those interested in the archeological find pictures.  I'll share
them if you send me an email request.  Sorry I didn't keep previous
emails requesting the pictures.

Thanks,

Noel,
West Haven, UT