Re: [TowerTalk] Hygain Hy-tower on 160 & 80

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hygain Hy-tower on 160 & 80
From: "Gary McDuffie, Sr." <mcduffie@actcom.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 09:41:12 -0600
First, you need to check your word wrap in your mail program.  It seems
to be turned off.

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:35:45 -0500, Gregg E. Salomone wrote:

> While I'm still on the subject...has anyone out there had high swr on 15 with
> this antenna which I have assembled and reassembled per instruction but
> without improving the swr on 15?

I'd be interested in what you come up with on this problem.  I haven't
had time to troubleshoot it, but mine does something similar.  I'm
running no coils on it.  My 15 meter segment does not resonate, but it
works very well on 17 meters.  I like it this way, so that's another
reason I haven't tried to fix it yet.  All other bands are good.

Gary

--
ag0n at arrl dot net
http colon slash slash garymcduffie dot com