Re: [TowerTalk] Need for a thrust bearing

To: "Julio Peralta" <jperalta@tampabay.rr.com>,<TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need for a thrust bearing
From: Joe <WD0M@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 14:07:25 -0600
My 2 cents is that it does both. You can "unload the rotor" by leaving a very small gap at the point where the mast contacts the rotor base and insert a bolt horizontally through the rotor top section and mast, thereby lessening the "vertical thrust" on the rotor. By centering the mast in the thrust bearing, you also lessen the lateral forces on the rotator and keep the mast vertical. It doesn't have to do only one of the two, it magically does both! :-)

YMMV.

73,
Joe
WDØM