RE: [TowerTalk] Lightning Strike

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Lightning Strike
From: "Keith Dutson" <kjdutson@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:54:16 -0500
Tower is 150 feet, Rohn 45 equivalent, guyed with Phillystran.  Three ground
rods at base, each tied to two legs with one inch copper braid.  Bulkhead is
at window loaded with Polyphasers for all coax and rotor/control cables.
Bulkhead is connected at each end to separate ground rods just below.  All
five ground rods are connected together and also to the power service ground
rod using 4 gauge copper wire.  All of these connections are via buried
wire.  All coax and rotor/control cables run from tower to bulkhead via 2
inch buried electrical conduit.

Keith