Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna problems

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna problems
From: <kk9a@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 16:19:18 -0000
When you select 1 or 4 antennas the Stackmaster uses the 50 ohms stubs to
match the impedance.  When you select 2 antennas the Stackmaster uses two 75
ohm stubs for the match and when you select three antennas it uses a 50 ohm
and a 75 ohm stub.  So,  it appears that you only have problems when one or
both 75 ohms stubs are used.  I would make sure that they are the correct
length and that they are made from 75 ohm cable such as RG-11.  You should
also make sure that the correct stub relays are engaged when you select the
two and three antenna positions.

73,
John KK9A / P40A