Re: [TowerTalk] cable clamps/wraplock etc

To: "Noel" <yaesurig@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] cable clamps/wraplock etc
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:10:08 -0400

On Jul 28, 2004, at 9:41 PM, Noel wrote:

I'm trying to decide what type cable clamps to use to support the coax
and control cables going up the tower.  When I did antenna maintenance
work we used to use something called Wraplock.  Right now I only have
some large tie-wraps, but I don't think those will hold up long. I'm
wonderting what others are using?

I went the super-cheap route, based on some hints here on TowerTalk.

I used some 8-12" pieces of 12 gauge and 14 gauge insulated solid wire, stolen from a remnant of household romex cable. These act like oversized twist ties.

My tower is barely 50 feet tall, so these were quite effective, totally UV resistant, and unlike tie wraps, completely reusable.

Oh, and did I mention they were cheap?

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901