RE: [TowerTalk] More Phillystran Hardware Questions

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] More Phillystran Hardware Questions
From: "Keith Dutson" <kjdutson@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:49:21 -0500
I had Phillystran (100 foot length, remainder EHS) up on the top set of guys
on the 150 foot tower for five years, both ends connected with a single
shackle.  These guys were moved to the bottom when all were replaced with
Phillystran to prepare for stacking 4 Yagi antennas.  Close inspection
revealed no wear on the shackles, thimbles and tower guy bracket.  I used a
Crescent wrench to tighten the shackle bolts to about 20 foot pounds.  These
bolts may also be secured with safety wire but this is not necessary unless
there is vibration from constant winds.

Keith