[TowerTalk] Re Tower Cost

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re Tower Cost
From: "Jack Schuster" <w1wef@intergate.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:46:05 -0400
Just thought I'd figure out what it would cost me to duplicate my tower
today, and pass it along. I have 108 ft of Rohn 25, which I bought used.

Figuring on the high side...

11 sections Rohn 25 used including flat top section
$660.
Concrete base plate (new shipped)
90.
1000 ft 3/16 guy cable shipped (new)
150.
21 guy insulators  @  $6
126.
3 guy anchors  (8 inch galv I beams from local highway fence
                   shop)
105.
Ready Mix concrete    (wild guess 100 bags @$2.50)
250.
9 turnbuckles
180.
Misc
100.
Elbow grease
00.
Total
$1526.

Note this does not include, rotor, thrust bearings, rotor shelves, mast,
antennas, cable, doctor bills or medication!          JACK W1WEF