Re: [TowerTalk] tower cost #2

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower cost #2
From: "Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)" <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 21:15:45 -0400
My (unstated) purpose in posting this was to counter the message seemingly implied in so many posts here that Rohn tower sections are so widely available that nobody needs to shell out big bucks for anything fancier and more expensive.

And even if Rohn 65 were as readily available as 25, there is the whole new vs. used issue. Would I buy a second-hand ladder? Would I buy a second-hand seat belt for my car if I needed a replacement? Would I buy a second-hand climbing rope? Would I buy a second-hand safety harness? Would I buy a second-hand tower?

The answer to all the above is "No."

Alan NV8A

I wrote:

According to the Rohn specs, I would need Rohn 65 here if I want a tower without guys -- which I do.

And you do see the occasional ones for TV antennas, now not being used, that are Rohn 45!