[TowerTalk] US Tower HDX-555 Question

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower HDX-555 Question
From: "Pat Chiles" <chilesp@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 10:42:54 -0400
In phone and email communications with US Tower I have been told that the
motorized winch is on the same side of the tower as the manual winch and that
this is on the Left side as you look at thte tower from the raising fixture.
Gary at US tower even sent me a catalog drawing show a manual winch on this
side.  Then last night I stumbled across K4ZRR's site that documents his
installation of a HDX-555 and his motor is on the Right side as you look at the
tower from the raising fixture.  K4ZRR sent me an email that said he added the
motor 2 weeks after putting the tower up.  A picture beats a drawing most days
in my book.  Can one of you HDX-555 owners tell me which side the motorized
factory installed winch is mounted on when you look at it from the raising
fixture?
Thanks,    Pat, K8PC