[TowerTalk] Cure for slump in fresh base pour?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cure for slump in fresh base pour?
From: "Tom Hybiske" <thomas.hybiske@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 14:10:02 -0400
I poured a base for a short tower over the weekend.  I'm installing a Rohn
clone tilt-over base plate.  After the pour, a thin sheet of plywood and the
base plate was used to align 6 J-bolts in the wet concrete.  I guess I must
have leaned on the center of the template because after removal of the
template, there is a nice 3/16-1/4 in. slump at the middle of the base which
collects and holds water.  But as hard as I tried to foul this pour up, the
base is dead level.  Case of luck beats skill I guess. Now I'm afraid of water
will collect and freeze under the base plate and cause havoc.  Is there skim
coat material available that I could trowel on to remove the slump?  Should I
just leave it as is and not worry about it.

Tom, K3GM