RE: [TowerTalk] Wilson 5 element 20 meter monobander

To: <EL34GUY@aol.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Wilson 5 element 20 meter monobander
From: "Ted Bryant" <w4nz@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 15:28:03 -0400
Tim and Jim are correct. A 40-ft boom on 20M is a little short for five
elements. However, someone once said that sometimes you just gotta use what
you got. So, if you have a fairly recent copy of the ARRL Antenna Handbook,
there is a design shown in the chapter on HF yagis for a 5-element, 20 meter
yagi on a 40-foot boom (520-40.yag on the CD that comes with the handbook).
There is also a similar design that comes with K6STI's YO software.

73,Ted w4nz