RE: [TowerTalk] Three Fixed Tri-Band Beams on One Tower?

To: <kd4e@verizon.net>, "'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Three Fixed Tri-Band Beams on One Tower?
From: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 15:53:55 -0400

> So if I stagger the beams vertically, each with reflector close
> to the tower, 10 feet apart facing separate directions I should
> eliminate the interaction?
>
> This is more vertically efficient than 20 foot separation --
> necessary when the beam centers are in-line.

If you are going to do that, keep the beans pointed between 45 and
135 degrees to each other ... the closer to 90 degrees the better.
The coupling between antennas will be minimum at 90 degrees but
is relatively low as long as the angle is larger than 45.

> So, how does this arrangement look:
>
> Northeast on a mast at 65'
> Southeast off the side at 55'
> South off the side at 45'

I don't know why you would want something south ... but if south
is important, make it the middle antenna.  The southeast path to
the Caribbean/South America works very well with a low beam (35
to 40').

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK