Re: [TowerTalk] Tower height increments

To: "W3YY" <w3yy@cox.net>,"TowerTalk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower height increments
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 08:31:08 -0700
Of potentially more interest might be what happens to the gain at say 5 or
10 degrees elevation angle, rather than where the main lobe happens to
point.   In this particular case, with "average ground" it's about 0.5 dB
difference at 10 degrees, and about the same at 5 degrees.  Unfortunately
HFTA doesn't plot below 0dBi (even though that's barely 1.5 S units below
the peak), and the peak elevation angle for propagation on 40 is only 3
degrees above the horizon (I used Ohio to EU, because I don't have all the
files uncompressed)