Re: [TowerTalk] Par Electronics - End-fed 1/2 wl antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Par Electronics - End-fed 1/2 wl antennas
From: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:02:30 -0700
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
snip
> It a simple system. I'm really amazed so many people don't
> grasp the concept that without a good counterpoise or good
> isolation device the entire length of the feeder is also an
> antenna.

Is it not true that what we call an antenna requires a changing charge
in order to radiate?

Further, in order for the thing antenna to radiate, there must be an
equal but opposite charge going on somewhere else?
In the case of a dipole, each other half of the dipole is the somewhere
else.  In the case of non dipole vertical antennas the somewhere
else is the feeder or counterpoise, or hot chassis, etc?

If this is true that there is equal but opposite charges going on, what
happens to the current amplitudes--equal?

k7puc