Re: [TowerTalk] Horiz. loop bisected with Inv.L: Problem?

To: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Horiz. loop bisected with Inv.L: Problem?
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:44:14 -0400
Rob:

     Nope.

     Now for the clarification.  I had a full WL 80M horizontal loop at this
QTH for nine years.  After about five years I got interested in Topband and
installed an inverted L over top of the loop, the only space I could install
one.  The L flattop was about ten to fifteen feet above the plane of the
loop.  Both antennas were fed with coax through a tuner in the shack.

     I was able to load both antennas well on their fundamental bands; I
also was able to get the loop to accept power (I should say get the tuner,
coax and loop to accept power) on all other HF bands above 80M.  In the four
years I had both wire antennas in place I found no interaction that
prevented me from loading either or from working what I heard wherever it
was on any band.

    I will add that I was able to get about five feet of separation between
the vertical riser of the L and the closest point on the loop.  I used
different branches on the oak tree to attach each antenna's supporting
pulley and bungee cord.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F