[TowerTalk] TX-455 tiltover fixture question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TX-455 tiltover fixture question
From: "Dan Kovatch" <w8car@buckeye-express.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 05:21:57 -0400
I have a TX-455 installed with the tiltover fixture. After raising into
position I have noticed that the tiltover fixture  is tilting sideways about 2
inches.( I know that the fixture is supposed to tilt AWAY from the tower.) The
arms on both sides of the fixture are the same length so this doesn't account
for it. This tilt is noticable if you stand opposite the fixture and look
through the tower. I have e-mailed US tower with the question and have gotten
no response so far.

Is this a design feature so the leg will not land on the back pad flange? Or do
I need to 'persuade' it to be straight up and down? If you have or have owned
one  of these your input will be appreciated.

Dan W8CAR